Last Updated: August 25, 2020
Unless otherwise expressly stated, capitalized terms in this Notice have the same meaning as defined in the Privacy Notice .
1. Scope of Notice
2. Cookies and Related Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer that allow us and our third-party partners and providers to collect certain information about your interactions with our email communications, Website and other online Services. We and our third-party partners and providers may also use other, related technologies to collect this information, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”).
3. What We Collect When Using Cookies
Third-party partners and providers may also collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Website and online Services.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the websites and online services function. The legal basis for our use of strictly necessary cookies is our legitimate interests, namely being able to provide and maintain our websites and online services. Please see the Annex below for more information.
- Functionality cookies. These enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. The legal basis for our use of functionality cookies is our legitimate interests, namely being able to provide and maintain our websites and online services. Please see the Annex below for more information.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our websites and online services, and to see how visitors move around our websites and online services when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites and online services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. If you are accessing our websites with a European IP address, you have been asked to consent to the use of these cookies. You are free to deny your consent. Please see the Annex below for more information.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites and online services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to track visitors across our websites. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it, and the marketing messages we send to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties who provide a service to us for this purpose. If you are accessing our websites with a European IP address, you have been asked to consent to the use of these cookies. You are free to deny your consent. Please see the Annex below for more information.
- Third party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies tags when you click on an advertisement or link on our websites or online services. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies. Please see the section How We Use Information Collected via Cookies below for more information.
4. How We Use Information Collected Through Cookies
We use or may use the data collected through cookies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our Website and online Services; (b) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Website and online services; (c) monitor online usage and activities of our websites and online services; (d) diagnose errors and problems with our Website and online Services; (e) otherwise plan for and enhance our online Services; and (f) facilitate the purposes identified in the Our Use of Personal Information section of our Privacy Notice . We and our advertising partners also use the information we collect through cookies to understand your browsing activities, including across unaffiliated third-party sites, so that we can deliver ads and information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Please note that we link some of the personal information we collect through cookies with the other personal information that we collect about you and for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice .
5. Your Choices About Cookies
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our online Services, as some features and services on our online Services may not work properly. Depending on your device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if you want to reject cookies across all your browsers and devices, you will need to do so on each browser on each device you actively use. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
6. Third-Party Data Collection & Interest-Based Advertising
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our online Services over time so that they may play or display ads on the Services, on other websites, or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”), which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, AdID, precise geolocation and other information. We may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research. We may also use services provided by third parties (such as social media platforms) to serve targeted ads to you and others on such platforms. We may do this by providing a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider. See “Your Choices About Online Ads” below, to learn more about interest-based advertising.
Social Media Widgets and Advertising. The Services may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to the Services, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in the Services while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our Website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks. You may learn more about advertising preferences by clicking on the links provided below. Please note that these links are provided for your convenience only and we do not control the content or features that may be available on these third-party services.
- Facebook. To learn more about your advertising preferences on Facebook Companies, click here
- Twitter. To learn more about privacy controls for personalized ads on Twitter, click here
Third Party Partners. The following is a sample of the third-party service partners we work with to provide advertising services. We will strive to update this list if or when we work with new partners which offer you choices about the collection of your information, but as partners change and new technologies become available, this list is likely to change over time and may not always reflect our current partners.
Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our Website or services on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on the Services, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the Services. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with the Services and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ . You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ .
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences , or by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices .
7. Your Choices About Online Ads
We support the self-regulatory principles for online behavioral advertising (Principles) published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). This means that we allow you to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites for online interest-based advertising purposes. More information about these Principles can be found at www.aboutads.info . If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on your internet browser from advertisers and third parties that participate in the DAA program and perform advertising-related services for us and our partners, please follow the instructions at:
- In the United States, please visit: www.aboutads.info/choices , or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- In the European Economic Area, please visit: http://yourchoices.com/
When you elect to top-out through these sites, they will place an opt-out cookie on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. Opt-out cookies only work on the internet browser and device they are downloaded onto. If you want to opt out of interest-based advertisements across all your browsers and devices, you will need to opt out on each browser on each device you actively use. If you delete cookies on your device generally, you will need to opt out again.
If you want to opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile apps, please follow the instructions at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices .
8. Updates to This Cookie Notice
We will update this Cookie Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Cookie Notice, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this Notice. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this Website or our online Services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Cookie Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Amoruso & Co Inc.
2046 Hillhurst Ave #73
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Annex - Cookies